Saturday, December 22, 2012

When the end is near,,,

I remember last year I thought that 2012 would be like hell, and I couldn't imagine how I was going to through it. I remember thinking if only I could blink my eyes so I could fast forward the time. But here we are, near the end of 2012, and guess what? I'm still alive. It felt like I've been stumble and beaten up, but I survived the year 2012 and standing still. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right? :))

The good thing about this year is having new friends in Cepu. Again. People come and go easily. I was saying hellos and goodbyes too often. The sadness of saying goodbye only last for couple of days, and then couple of hours and then we only felt the joy and happiness of welcoming the new member, new colleagues and new friends. Well, making friend is not easy. I know some people find it hard to trust and open up to new people. Thank God, I don't. 

Inline with company's plan to regenerate the workers, there are a lot of young workers now, including the new ones. And suddenly I felt like I have a bunch of younger sisters and brothers. You're working with them everyday and getting to know them not only professionally but also personally. What their favourite snacks, whom they're in love with, what makes them laugh, etc. Slowly but sure, they are becoming my family. Hanging out with them at the office and working on a project until late at night but we still managed to have a good laugh. I will always remember that as one of the best times in my life. 

When they got married or having babies, I couldn't help myself feeling happy and proud of them. And when they're sad, I was glad they trusted me enough to tell me and asked for my advice. As much as I want to leave Cepu, I know it will be hard for me to say good bye to them. I'm thankful for them.

Well, what 2013 will be like? I have no idea. But I want to live it one day at a time. With an open mind,  stronger than ever, and enjoy the ride,,, :))

No comments: