Monday, October 29, 2012

The Best Is Yet To Come

"Whatever with the past has gone, the best is always yet to come." - Lucy Larcom

October. The best month of the year. Because it's my month, my birth month, my birth day. I'm 32 yo. this year. Alhamdulillah, God must have loved me so much that He gave me a long time to live. As I recalled the previous years, I have lived a wonderful life and experienced the greatest thing. I have to give my parents a credit for that. They taught me to be fearless, including in admitting my flaws, thankful, humble and responsible. Being thankful is definitely a key to happiness. 

Inspired by The Fault In Our Stars by John Green, have you ever think about what people will say about you in your eulogy? Have you ever wonder about what they'll remember about you the most? I have. Well I'm not exactly the kind of person who'll listen to what people said. I've stopped being that kind loooong time ago. But I do want to know whether my presence meant something for them, left a trace, whether happiness, sadness or even pain, in their paths and their hearts. 

I want to be remembered as someone who light up the day and lighten your burdens, who makes you laugh in a busy and hard day with stupid jokes, someone who always has unlimited huggies to comfort you and always enough times and ears to hear all your happy and sad news. Sounds ambitious, huh? Yeah I want to be useful for others. And I've spent my 32 years trying to do so, so I won't stop now. The more we give to others, the more we receive from Allah SWT.

To make my birthday was even better, this company assigned me to Manado for 2 days. It's just another business trip, but I managed to visit Bunaken as well, spending 1 night there, snorkling and enjoying the beauty of Bunaken sea and underwater. Another reason to be thankful, right?

But nevertheless, the best is always yet to come. There's still much more to reach, goals to achieve, places to visit and Mr. Right to find (teteuuup,,). That's why I want to live my life to the fullest, being the best person I can be and giving back His gifts to those whose in needs. For God is Almighty, you'll be surprised by His gift for you, each and every day. Thank You dear Allah SWT for a wonderful 32 years, and many more years to come, Insya Allah,,, :))
   

No comments: