Sunday, March 11, 2012

Acceptance

I'm supposed to be working today but the temptation to write on my blog is so big I can't resist
What the heck,,,, need to share some thoughts here,,,

So I'm still in the middle of a management training in Semarang
The last couple days we're taught about management,
like leadership, business communication, team work, decision making, etc.
Not only in classroom but also through some games and outdoor activities.

The common thing of those subject is about empathy and sympathy
We should treat people the same way we wanna be treated
We should listen to other's opinion
We should learn that we need other people,
that as a social creature, we, human, need to interact with other human
We should have empathy and sympathy for others.
That doesn't mean that we should follow what other's think or do
But at least we listen to them, respect their opinion, gather all the information
Then we can make a decision what we should do

In my opinion, the theory is applicable not only in business terms, but also in our daily life
We should realize that we're not the center of the universe
We can't always have what we want
And we shouldn't think less of others, before we can walk in their shoes
If you wanna be treated as a princess, treat others like a king or queen
If you want other people care for you, maybe you should start to care for others

And in this company, where people come and go in a short notice,
We travel a lot, move to new places, meet new faces in a constant periode,
Empathy and sympathy are very important,
So we can adapt easily, accept the changes, the new places, the new people.

And in terms of friendship, I found out that I do love meeting new friends
Meeting new people, getting to know their stories, learning their characters,
And finally, accepting them just the way they were.
And living in small town like Cepu (well,,, it's not even a town actually,,,,)
Friends are what makes you rich and fulfilled.
I was so depressed in my early year in Cepu, coz I was feeling lonely and alone against the world
But last year was different,
I had new friends, new activities and my life was happier, easier.
The acceptance on both sides will make everything easier

And it's them that make the ride in Cepu worthwhile,,, :)

No comments: